There are so many ways to roast a chicken . This is one of the easiest and best, as classic as roast-chicken recipes come.
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole pastured chicken, patted dry
- 3 teaspoons NAVIL Aminos
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Refrigerate the chicken, uncovered, for 8 hours, or overnight.
- When you are almost ready to cook, remove the chicken from the fridge and leave to ‘warm up’ before cooking in the oven. 30 mins to 1 hour will be fine.
- Heat oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Place chicken breast-side up in a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine, if you don’t have twine, leave the legs as they are.
- Roast 50 minutes then baste chicken with pan juices. Continue roasting until chicken’s juices run clear when skin is pierced with a knife, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.