• 2 cups rice
• 4 cups water
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 2 inches piece fresh lemongrass
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 teaspoons NAVIL Turmeric Powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a sauce pan. (or a rice cooker may be used)
2. Set on stove until it begins to boil.
3. Turn heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is done and the water is absorbed.
4. Removed bay leaves and lemon grass before placing the hot rice in the mold
5. Please note it works best when the rice is hot.
6. Use a piece of banana leaf to make a cone shape on the cone shaped rice. Place in the middle of the platter or plate if making tumpeng.
Simple, cheap and tasty!